Question:
How does Economics deal with time?
scenaria
2006-02-10 22:01:03 UTC
It seems to me that the failing of the Market is due (in part) to the inability for instantaneous adjustments (yes, there's need; but the product doesn't instantaneously appear to fill it, and by the time it does, the need might have changed substantively). Further, the concept of externalities seems to depend on being able to neglect what's outside a system: if there's a closed system and a firm that uses human labor makes a product but destroys all the clean water, that's an externality at least at first, but obviously eventually no one will be able to drink resulting in no laborers and no product. But on Day 1, that cost isn't included in the profit structure (and this is an extreme example, but obviously more ambiguous ones exist).

Can anyone either explain this to me, or point me to a paper or website (or more than one)?

Feel free to explain where you believe I'm wrong, though as this is far outside my area of expertise, I'd appreciate it if you speak simply.

Thanks
Three answers:
kmclean48
2006-02-10 22:04:25 UTC
The value of money is NOT a constant, therefor, the value of the dollar (or peso or whatever) changes, as such the dollar value changes along with the change in the value of money...the money then changes the value of the thing and it is a neverending penny pinching process of credit card debt...I have no idea...where are the cheetos I have some videos to watch by myself...btw does anybody have a cure for orange member?
angelhottie882
2006-02-11 04:24:03 UTC
?
2006-02-10 22:02:21 UTC
riddle: Q: why do bank display clocks outside

A: because time = money