Question:
Are the net effects of Globalization positive or negative ?
FauxPas
2006-01-04 07:17:21 UTC
Are the net effects of Globalization positive or negative ?
Five answers:
Professor Beatz
2006-01-04 09:32:48 UTC
We won't know that until well into the future. Right now, the short-term benefits seem good, since the average lifespan has dramaitically increased. But if all of this is a prologue to a coming nuclear war, ice age, global dark age, or the collapse of society, then it will have all been a terrible thing.
jal
2006-01-06 03:00:03 UTC
ok, the effects of pure globalization is tremendous, but we are seeing a hindrance of globalization, with the stubbornness of our politicians. i would say it is the governments of the west that contribute a lot of barriers to the globalization process, much more than the G-21 nations.. besides, the ultimate barrier is the inequal distribution of income created by colonialism and Imperialism that marred the earlier centuries, and also the animosity and insecurity caused by the World Wars...

When we examine Economic History, we see that before the rise of the colonial powers, there was a classic , perfect Globalization that flourished that included india, china, persia, and the arabs, which when we study it, is a perfect eg. of how globalization and free trade can enhance human society and culture...

and unfortunately, the globalization we are a part of now, is infact not globalization at all...
just_me
2006-01-06 05:40:43 UTC
Globalization is positive, the fact that right now you are able to ask this question and get answers from people around the globe is just one of the benefits that we are getting.

Our lives will be enriched a lot more as we continue in this path.
2006-01-04 21:20:49 UTC
positive, because they raise the standard of living of millions of human beings and allow them to contribute to the economic progress of the world. The problems that arise from globalization would be solved on time by the world community.

Right now we are facing high energy prices and high commodity prices but they are not affecting economic growth as much as would have been anticipated: Environmental problems and societal problems would be solved in a similar fashion.
lordefan
2006-01-10 02:07:16 UTC
Depends on the perspective! If you are asking about the effect on MNCs, then definitely positive. But it is a different scenario for the small and marginal farmers, for the small entrepreneurs, who simply cannot compete against bigger companies and cheaper products.