Question:
Are you better-off now than you were ten years ago?
Ron C
2006-03-30 14:06:21 UTC
Please explain.
Six answers:
2006-03-30 14:29:16 UTC
Hells yes. Ten years ago I was struggling with debt, I had no job security, and I suffered with the demonic possession of an old guitar case given to me by Jimi Hendrix back in the sixties. Now I have even more debt ( my first book on finance...Your not a millionaire till you owe your first million by Drampor...due out sometime this fall), I've secured a part time job at Walmart ( thanks for shopping at Walmert, darn it I'll get it yet ), and I sold that guitar case to some kid wearing makeup named Marilyn something or other for a couple of American two dollar bills. I'm living the dream now Ma!!!
EmilyRose
2006-03-31 09:07:23 UTC
Ten years ago I was 9 years old, so I'm not sure how I can really compare. I wasn't doing particularly great in school at that point (I'm dyslexic, so I had a hard time with reading, writing, and arithmetic, which didn't make elementary school so fun), but on the other hand it didn't really bother me. I had virtually no responsibilities but also no freedom. The stress of adult life isn't so fun, but I definitely like the freedom that goes with it. I'd say that overall I'm liking college a lot more than I liked 3rd grade (although 3rd was better than 2nd or 4th...).
buffy fan
2006-03-30 22:08:19 UTC
Well, ten years ago I was 8 years old.

Personally, yeah, I've got more money and I'm better off.

As for my family, we've been having some hefty payments lately (COLLEGE, musical instruments, medical), so we're a bit low these days I think. Also, with the gas prices up so high, money goes pretty quick. We're not badly off or anything, but it's getting a little tight.
greysmilyface
2006-03-30 22:30:56 UTC
ten years ago i was 13 and failing in school and grounded all the time and just generally miserable. life isn't perfect now but it's soooo much better than it's ever been for me.
cyanne2ak
2006-03-30 22:10:39 UTC
Yes, financially and physically. I am in better health than I have been in several years. I am also at a point financially where I work only because I like to, not because I need to.
sprite101
2006-03-30 22:09:54 UTC
yes, i was living in an apartment,working for someone.and single.

now i am self employed, married with children homeowner with a savings account.and i dropped out of school