Question:
what is the difference between relative poverty and absolute poverty?
queenkashimbo
2006-02-27 03:58:31 UTC
what is the difference between relative poverty and absolute poverty?
Nine answers:
The Cleric
2006-02-27 04:07:29 UTC
Relative poverty deals with the socio-economic status of an area. For example where I live, someone earning $15k a year is living in poverty. But that person can probably live comforatably somewhere else with that income.

However, absolute poverty is some who is destitute. A homeless person is living in absolute poverty.
?
2016-12-11 19:30:22 UTC
Absolute Vs Relative Poverty
besecker
2016-10-01 06:41:48 UTC
Absolute Poverty Vs Relative Poverty
?
2015-08-10 08:37:09 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the difference between relative poverty and absolute poverty?
Wes
2006-02-27 11:14:23 UTC
The difference between relative poverty and absolute poverty is that with relative poverty not all of the town or city or whatever is not all in poverty. Absolute poverty means that the entire place is in poverty.
celeste
2006-02-27 10:25:31 UTC
I agree with "The Cleric" on the definition of relative poverty. But I think abosolute poverty is more of a defined category. See the Wikipedia article, contents 3 and 4.
A_2005
2006-02-27 04:10:18 UTC
relative poverty is when a person has at least soemthing to eat and where to live but does not have enough money to enjoy life to the full. absolute poverty is when the person has nothing and has fallen under the poverty line and needs help form others in order to have food, clothes and shelter.
econprof57
2006-02-27 13:43:54 UTC
Relative poverty is defined as a percentage of real GDP per capita. Absolute poverty is defined in terms of the cost of a basket of goods required for subsistance (food, shelter, clothing).
2016-04-06 10:38:26 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awgHX

Absolute poverty - when you have no home, no money, no food. Realtive poverty - when you have some things, but not sufficient, then you are relatively poor to those who have more than you.